Natalie was born and raised in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. She graduated from Mount St. Vincent University with a Bachelor of Business Administration. In the mists of enjoying a successful career in Information Technology, Natalie decided to explore her artistic talents and passion for hand forging. In 2010, while maintaining and career and family, Natalie returned to school to study jewelry art and design at the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design. During her time at NSCAD she studied the practices of jewelry design and metalsmithing. Natalie continued her education and in 2014 became a certified Jewelry Professional from the Gemology Institute of America (GIA).
Over the years, Natalie has developed a passion for the environment and this passion has translated into her jewelry designs. She strives to find new and creative ways to use recovered materials such as glass destined for the landfill or forgotten pieces for jewelry and silverware. The results of her transformed creations are both beautiful and sustainable.
Natalie moved to the Gulf Coast of Mississippi to join her husband, and longtime resident of Ocean Springs, Robert in early 2016. In 2017 she opened her company Artistic Intentions (www.artintend.com) and also became an exhibiting member Gallery 782 located in Biloxi, Mississippi. You can find a selection of Natalie’s work both online and at the Gallery.
· 2010 Nocturne Exhibit – Anna Leonowens Gallery, Halifax, Nova Scotia
· 2011 Nocturne Exhibit – NSCAD Port Campus, Halifax, Nova Scotia
· 2016 Ocean Springs Library, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
· Gallery 728 – 728 Water St., Biloxi, Mississippi
· Gemology Institute of America (GIA) Alumni
· Mississippi Gulf Coast Gem and Mineral Society
· Ocean Springs Art Association